Skip to main content

BOND.

It isn't often that I let you know how grateful I am to have you in my life. Just because I don't always say it, doesn't mean I don't think about it, because I do all the time. When we were little, I used to tell you that I wanted "to throw you in the garbage" when you annoyed me, and now I can't imagine ever wanting you out of my life.

Time after time you have done countless things to annoy me, things that drive me off the wall, but you fight daily to protect and love me. Other than a parents love, I feel that there is no greater bond in love than there is between siblings. A lot of the things you have done for me goes unnoticed and at times i'm sure you have felt unappreciated by the gestures because of my lack of gratitude. We all tend to take the smallest things for granted, especially those we love. Because I know I haven't told you lately, here is the thank you letter that all brothers deserve every once in a blue moon.

I want to first off thank you for being my life long playmate and best friend. Even when I ripped every toy you had apart and busted your favorite things, you returned to me hours later with a smile. You've held my hand when I've fallen since day one.

I love being the one that you turn to for advice on girls or school. Being your older sister means teaching you the lessons I have learned from my own mistakes. I hope that my advice has helped you over the years.

Thank you for reminding me always that I matter. You've always been able to tell if there is something wrong and bring me back into my happiest place. Whether it be from teasing me till I pee or making funny faces till I crack a smile, you've always found a way. You bring me back down a level of understanding when I do not see things clearly. You've also reminded me in times, that I am not the only one that matters. you've kept me straight and given me a reality check when I needed it most.

You've given me a sense of pride to call you my brother with all your achievements and drive to out do the limits that those set in front of you.

I want to thank you for always being my ride home. For being a much better cook than I am, and for making me dinner when I am tired of eating the same thing for the 5th day in a row. For hanging out with me when I am bored, for listening to my problems and offering advice, and for making me laugh– but most importantly, for being you.

And while i'm thanking you, I would also like to throw in a apology for the times I've let you down, hurt you, or over looked just how much you do as my brother. My favorite part of being your sister has always been how you can take with great pride the thank you I didn't give but know I meant.

I've been blessed with every moment God has give me with you. I could spend every waking moment with you and still not feel like I've had enough time with you because you teach me something new with every day to come.

I appreciate you, I'm proud of you and most importantly I love you with all my heart. Thank you for being my brother and holding me in both your hands with the up most love. While people may come and go, you will be in my heart for a lifetime.

Love Always,

Annoyingly Yours ❤

Comments

  1. This should be shared by everyone with their siblings! really shows the importance of how we convey our love through the stupid yet caring acts !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The cost of Ambition

Picture the scene: you have a job that you love, working for a great company. But, this has been your life for the past five years. Surely you need to be more ambitious? Perhaps now is the right time to be moving “onward and upward”? So, your boss recommends you for a manager role, which you take. But soon you seem to be spending all your time in meetings, and you have so much paperwork that you swear you can hear your desk creaking under the weight. Eventually you find yourself asking, “When did I become so unhappy?” Seeking progress for the sake of progress can often leave us feeling deflated, and even more unfulfilled than we did in a lower-ranking job. So, where’s the line? Is there a conflict between ambition and happiness? What’s Happiness Got to Do With It? For many of us, career success brings genuine happiness. But when this stops being the case, we need to re-evaluate what makes us truly happy. A promotion might bring more money and new challenges, but the trade-of

Perfect ? Not Again !

Perfect! Just the word used to make my skin crawl and my stomach churn, and it made my mind all bent out of shape as it would try to be what I thought I was supposed to be but could never be, because I was so damn human. Perfection used to sound like an impossible state that was only reserved for those other people who some divine being had so graciously graced with a perfection gene I somehow didn’t get, and couldn’t for the life of me seem to get my hands on. Most of my life, I strived to be a perfect being. I wanted to be a perfect daughter. A perfect student. A perfect sister. A perfect friend.A perfect girlfriend. I wanted to say the perfect things at the perfect time. I wanted to have perfect timing and to wear the perfect outfit. I wanted my make-up to be perfect, and for my skin to be perfectly smooth. I wanted my house to be perfectly clean. I wanted my squad to be perfect and I wanted so much to be perfect in my happiness and hipness and hotness—just perfectly and not ex

GENDER EXPECTATIONS.

A man’s life isn’t easy as people think, probably because our concerns just aren’t voiced out. So, it all begins when you own at least that one picture of you with your manhood, majorly captured to keep the family’s reputation boosted up. Ostentatiously showing off that picture that the mother produced a “baby boy”, is one of the seeds of patriarchy that have been sown in the society. Many boys have injured themselves, getting slapped by an aunt or the teacher. Many times they get wounded and have squealed with pain, tears rolling down our eyes. But, every time a boy complains of pain, parents castigate him with the famous overrated Hindi dialogue “ मर्द नहीं रोते ” (Men don’t cry) ? Our patriarchal society affects gender roles while we are growing up, thus building in a preference for “masculine” qualities and expectations in men. So it’s considered normal when a guy needs to find a very “professional and classy” job and earn a very high salary by having a profession su