Skip to main content

T H A N K Y O U !

There is a definitive moment in a person’s life where they become acutely aware of the fact that they found their soul mate. I’m not talking about the person they’ll spend the rest of their days waking up to each morning. I’m talking about the awkward person you didn’t like that forced themselves on you in some year of college/school that changed your life forever. So, to that awkward person, my best friend:
Thank you for being you and for letting me be me. Thank you for letting me feel so much like myself when I’m with you. Thank you for not making me wear any masks or put on any fronts. Thank you sharing in my happiest moments, and for genuinely feeling the same; for listening to my saddest stories and radiating compassion and empathy from wherever you are. Thank you for being the only person I ever want to confide in.
Thank you for being the most beautiful person, inside and out. Thank you for making the world a better place, just by being in it. Thank you for making colors a little brighter, sunshine a little warmer, and hugs a little better. Thank you for loving more fiercely than anyone I know. Thank you for defining selfless, always putting others before yourself; you are going to change the world just as much as you have changed mine.Thank You for making those ordinary moments extra ordinary. Thank You for never Judging.
Thank you for the laughs, for the cries, and for everything in between. Thank you for being my rock, my anchor; for keeping me grounded when I feel like I might otherwise blow away. Thank you for all of the things you do, big and small. Thank you for knowing my favorite ice cream flavor and what song I would die for. Thank you for always knowing what to say and for being one of life’s best teachers. Thank you for making fun of me when I deserve it, and for loving me when I don’t. Thank you for staying constant in a world full of change, and for keeping some normalcy in a world full of chaos.
Thank you for laughing as hard as I did at that video . Thank you for making sure I didn’t get away from you five years ago. Thank you for setting the bar so high and making it impossible to find another friend as good as you. Thank you for making the five short years we have been friends feel like forever and for giving me enough memories to last a lifetime, but not ending there. Thank you for making me hurt when I miss you, but for taking the hurt away when I see you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for the absolute privilege and honor of being able to call you my best friend; thank you for being my person. Thank you for giving me these reasons, and a million more, to be thankful for.
Forever and Always,
Your Best Friend
 

Comments

  1. This !!! 💖🔥 I guess everyone who has a best friend in their soul mate should read this n I am pretty much sure that this would make them weep.. emotions embedded in these lines 💕🙌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little bit emotional... But it true line for best friends ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo soo sweet.... lucky that person..👏🏻👏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written, Amruta! Gratitude is indeed the greatest appreciation! Keep writing! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect lines for best friends....Beautiful use of words !!! Keep going...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The cost of Ambition

Picture the scene: you have a job that you love, working for a great company. But, this has been your life for the past five years. Surely you need to be more ambitious? Perhaps now is the right time to be moving “onward and upward”? So, your boss recommends you for a manager role, which you take. But soon you seem to be spending all your time in meetings, and you have so much paperwork that you swear you can hear your desk creaking under the weight. Eventually you find yourself asking, “When did I become so unhappy?” Seeking progress for the sake of progress can often leave us feeling deflated, and even more unfulfilled than we did in a lower-ranking job. So, where’s the line? Is there a conflict between ambition and happiness? What’s Happiness Got to Do With It? For many of us, career success brings genuine happiness. But when this stops being the case, we need to re-evaluate what makes us truly happy. A promotion might bring more money and new challenges, but the trade-of

Perfect ? Not Again !

Perfect! Just the word used to make my skin crawl and my stomach churn, and it made my mind all bent out of shape as it would try to be what I thought I was supposed to be but could never be, because I was so damn human. Perfection used to sound like an impossible state that was only reserved for those other people who some divine being had so graciously graced with a perfection gene I somehow didn’t get, and couldn’t for the life of me seem to get my hands on. Most of my life, I strived to be a perfect being. I wanted to be a perfect daughter. A perfect student. A perfect sister. A perfect friend.A perfect girlfriend. I wanted to say the perfect things at the perfect time. I wanted to have perfect timing and to wear the perfect outfit. I wanted my make-up to be perfect, and for my skin to be perfectly smooth. I wanted my house to be perfectly clean. I wanted my squad to be perfect and I wanted so much to be perfect in my happiness and hipness and hotness—just perfectly and not ex

GENDER EXPECTATIONS.

A man’s life isn’t easy as people think, probably because our concerns just aren’t voiced out. So, it all begins when you own at least that one picture of you with your manhood, majorly captured to keep the family’s reputation boosted up. Ostentatiously showing off that picture that the mother produced a “baby boy”, is one of the seeds of patriarchy that have been sown in the society. Many boys have injured themselves, getting slapped by an aunt or the teacher. Many times they get wounded and have squealed with pain, tears rolling down our eyes. But, every time a boy complains of pain, parents castigate him with the famous overrated Hindi dialogue “ मर्द नहीं रोते ” (Men don’t cry) ? Our patriarchal society affects gender roles while we are growing up, thus building in a preference for “masculine” qualities and expectations in men. So it’s considered normal when a guy needs to find a very “professional and classy” job and earn a very high salary by having a profession su